TRENT EXCALIBUR VARSITY STUDENT-ATHLETE ORIENTATION PROCESS
Please note that all steps are mandatory for participation as a member of the Excalibur Varsity Programs. Failure to complete steps as outlined can result in prohibiting student-athletes from training and/or competition.
Where it is indicated that something is available ‘Online through MyTrent’, it will be under ‘Services’ > ‘Athletics’.
Two weeks (10 business days) prior to the first day of their respective sport’s training camp/tryouts, student-athletes are required to complete in full and submit the following forms:
Athlete Information Form (MyTrent)
Medical Questionnaire (Online through MyTrent)
Medical Questionnaire will be reviewed by Trent Health in Motion (THiM) within 48 hours of receipt (may take longer pending forms received). Athletes may be flagged for follow up. If a student-athlete is flagged for follow-up then it is mandatory that they make themselves available for in-person assessment by THiM and/or provide clearance from a physician prior to the first day of their respective training camp/try-out
We are asking any student-athlete that may have a pre-existing, current or recent condition or injury to be prepared with clearance from a physician ahead of time. This could save all parties valuable time.
Varsity Athlete Agreement (Online through MyTrent);
Release of Liability (Online through MyTrent)
NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT. ATHLETES UNDER 18 WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE AND SIGN A SEPARATE FORM WHICH MUST ALSO BE COMPLETED AND SIGNED BY THEIR PARENT OR GUARDIAN. THIS WILL BE A HARD COPY FORM THAT MUST BE SUBMITTED AND CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING HERE
Upon naming of final roster (minimum 7 days prior to 1st Regular Season game and a minimum of 2 days prior to exhibition play)
- Comprehensive Orientation Session
- These will be completed on a team/sport specific basis, run during training camp (this time for the orientation session will be co-ordinated with the Head Coach)
- Mandatory attendance by all student-athletes on the roster (additional sessions will not be offered for individual student-athletes).
- Medical Review
- Prior to any form of competition (including Pre-Season training or exhibition games), athletes will go through full medical review with a THiM therapist. This in-depth assessment may require clearance from a physician prior to continued training and/or competition. As such, this step may be required Prior to naming of your final roster
- Concussion protocol
- All final roster athletes will conduct baseline testing for concussion and mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI).
- CCES True Sport Clean
- All Varsity student-athletes must complete their online anti-doping education prior to pre-season competition. This is done with a unique code and link that will be provided to the student-athletes.
- League Forms
- All information that has been captured on the league forms (CIS, OUA) in the past will be captured in the Varsity Student-Athlete Information form we have created online
- A head shot of each student-athlete will be taken at the meeting/orientation session.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact the Department of Athletics & Recreation through:
Alex Bridal, Athlete Development Coordinator, Trent University, (705) 748-1011 x6278 or firstname.lastname@example.org